Original source : http://www.curiousread.com
16. China's GDP per capita is the 91st lowest in the world, below Bosnia & Herzegovina.
15. 85 percent of artificial Christmas trees are made in China. So are 80 percent of toys.
13. China has more pigs than the next 43 pork producing countries combined.
12. Chinese consume 50,000 cigarettes every second.
10. China's enormous Gobi Desert is the size of Peru and expanding 1,400 square miles per year due to water source depletion, over-foresting, and over-grazing.
9. China has 64 million vacant homes, including entire cities that are empty.
7. Nearly 10,000 Chinese citizens each year are sucked into unsanctioned 'black jails'.
6. By 2025, China will build enough skyscrapers to fill TEN New York-sized cities. "[By 2025,] 40 billion square meters of floor space will be built in five million buildings. 50,000 of these buildings could be skyscrapers the equivalent of ten New York Cities." Source: Mckinsey, "Preparing for China's urban billion"
4. There are already more Christians in China than Italy. Due to the extremely rapid expansion of Christianity in China, there are now an estimated 54 million Christians in the country, comprised of about 40 million Protestants and 14 million Catholics. Italy has just 60 million people in total, of which only 79% are Christian these days. Which means Italy has 47.4 million Christians, a full 12% less than China.
3. Chinese are almost twice as likely to believe in evolution as Americans. An impressive 74 percent of Chinese believe in evolution, better than Mexico (69%), Argentina (68%) and Great Britain (68%). Only Russia (48%), USA (42%), South Africa (41%) and Egypt (25%) remain skeptical about Darwin's theory.
"Makers of the death vans say the vehicles and injections are a civilized alternative to the firing squad, ending the life of the condemned more quickly, clinically and safely. The switch from gunshots to injections is a sign that China "promotes human rights now," says Kang Zhongwen, who designed the Jinguan Automobile death van in which "Devil" Zhang took his final ride."
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
Bank of China
China Shenhua Energy Company
China Life Insurance Company
Bank of Communications