Posted : June 2014Author : Marcus Blake
2 The Presidents who were oddly similar in life and in death
• Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846. John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
• Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860. John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
• Both defeated an incumbent Vice- President.
• Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
• Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.
• Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
• Both were shot in the head.
• Lincoln was shot in Ford's Theater. Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln Ford.
• Lincoln and Kennedy were both assassinated by Southerners.
• Both were succeeded by Southerners.
• Both successors were named Johnson. Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.
• Both assassins were known by their three names.
• Both names comprise of fifteen letters.
• Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse. Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theater.
• Booth and Oswald were both assassinated before their trials.
• The names Lincoln and Kennedy each contain seven letters.
3 The newlyweds who were both in a photo taken 11 years before they met
4 The crossword puzzle that gave away D-Day Invasion code words
5 The couple that couldn't get away from acts of terrorism
6 The long-lost siblings who unknowingly lived across the street from each other
7 Two women who shared the same name, social security numbers and led parallel lives
8 The long lost father and daughter who appeared in the same newspaper
9 Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17's many coincidences
10 The same crime perpetrated by Mr. Thornton - 157 years apart