2. Discovery Channel featured Proton's Tanjung Malim plant, calling it the "most advanced modern car plant"
3. Proton Preve is the only ASEAN car to achieve full 5-star Australian ANCAP rating
4. Proton cars are imported by 25 different countries around the world
has the largest Proton Persona fan club
6. Miss Universe Australia 2013 is the ambassador of Proton
7. In 2013, Proton Preve R3 clocked the fastest time in history for a Malaysian Touring Class race car, overtaking Mazda, Toyota and Ford in under 2:39 minutes
8. Proton Satria Neo S2000 won 7 awards championships, and finished top 3 in all 6 tours at the Asia Pacific Rally Championship 2012
9. The Proton Impian is used by the
UK police in
Humberside, next to the Lexus IS-F cruiser
10. Proton adopts various technologies from LOTUS' vehicle dynamics. All new Proton car models use Lotus engineering and handling
11. Proton is the only Muslim country manufacturer, and the only 'full-fledged' manufacturer in
South East Asia
that designs, develops and manufactures their own cars
12. Proton car prices around the world are determined by the respective country's vehicle import taxes
13. Proton Satria Neo R3 and Preve R3 won both 1st and 2nd place in the 1000km Endurance Race in Sepang
14. Proton uses the German technology of “Hot Press Forming” which enhances structure integrity to the strength of its car by 3 times
15. Proton's Turbo engine of 205 NM torque can accelerate from 0-100kmh in less than 10 seconds. Nice!
16. Proton and Honda are in collaboration to share technology enhancement, new product line-up, platform and facilities.
17. Proton R3 Waja, driven by Tengku Djan, the 'Prince of Drift', won the first ever Goodyear Formula Drift